Become a foster parent
If you would like to help, fill out the foster application!
What Would My Responsibilities Be?
As a foster parent, you would be responsible for taking a homeless animal into your home and providing him/her with lots of love. We provide all food, toys, medical care, and a support team to help you with any questions you may have during the foster period. Foster parents may also be required to transport their foster animals to scheduled medical appointments or adoption events. In some instances the foster parent may be asked to administer medications or special diets. Foster parents should be committed to the animal/s that they are fostering for the agreed foster period.
How Do I Become A Foster Parent?
If you would like to become an Approved Foster Parent, complete the Foster Application.
If you would like more information on the Foster Program please email us at [email protected]. Please note that in order for you to become a Hope Pet Rescue foster parent, you must be 21 years of age or older.
Foster Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the requirements to become a foster parent?
- Must be 21 year of age or older.
- Have identification (of the same person who is filling out the form) showing your present address (example: Driver’s License) for verification purposes only.
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord if you currently rent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- All pets in the home must be spayed or neutered.
- Be able and willing to provide a loving, safe and peaceful environment for the pet.
- Be able and willing to spend the time necessary to provide training and proper care for the pet.
If I already have animals, can I still foster?
- Yes. However, it is highly recommended that you isolate the foster animal in a separate room or section of your home. If you have a dog or cat and are fostering the same, for health reasons you should not expose your pet to the foster animal. There is also no time to properly socialize your animal to the foster animal. Both animals will be less stressed if they are kept apart.
What supplies will I need to have?
- Hope Pet Rescue provides fosters with all the food needed during the foster period, as well as a crate, blanket, and leash and collar for dogs.
- Fosters will need to provide a litter box and litter for cats and kittens.
- Fosters will need to provide toys and playtime.